Calcium Supplements for Dogs - Are They Necessary?
If you are considering calcium supplements for dogs, you should know that calcium is an essential mineral that is important for the growth of the body structure, bones, and teeth. They also use it help move their muscles and for nerves to carry messages between the brain and their body parts. Dogs generally store calcium in their bone tissues. As with all supplements, we recommend collaborating with your holistic or regular veterinarian. They can best advise you on your dog's calcium requirements to avoid any potential risks (e.g. kidney stones, growth plate issues, etc.,). Also, continue to discuss ongoing supplementation with your vet to minimize long-term-use issues.
Bone Meal Can Be ProblematicBone meal is often recommended as one of the best calcium sources for dogs. However, there's a potential hidden danger associated with it. Since bone meal is from animals, where it is sourced becomes very important. Most bone meal contains heavy metals like lead, which can lead to ill health for your precious pooch.
Let's look at one of the best calcium supplement for dogs products!
- Being highly digestible and absorbable.
- Strengthens the immune system.
- Supports the growth of bones and maintains the body structure of dogs.
- It contains an ideal serving of calcium and magnesium that is 2: 1.
- It helps in maintaining pH levels which helps your dog's immunity.
About FurSherpaThe leading dog health care and wellness resource, FurSherpa is a community of like-minded dog lovers who want to turn pet consumer habits on their heads! We challenge the notion that dogs are just pets. No! They are members of our family. That’s why pet parents want the best for their dogs. We read labels, we investigate ingredients, we help heal the earth while celebrating our dogs! We’re on a journey to find the best information, products, and brands, that are focused on your dog’s health and well-being. Our sole focus is to challenge the way we think about pet wellness – empowering you with an individualized dog wellness plan that results in game-changing buying practices.
Be kind to the earth. Be kind to one another. Be kind to animals. FurSherpa exists because you care.
More Dog Health and Wellness FAQs
- How To Tell When A Product Is Dog Earth Friendly, Green, and Natural?
- What Are Some of the Best Natural Pet Brands I Can Support?
- What Are The Best Non Toxic Cleaning Products For Pets?
- What Are Three Things I Can Do Right Now To Be A More Eco-Friendly Pet Parent?
- What Are The Best Green Dog Products?
- Is A Vegan Dog Collar Any Good?
- How Much Pet CBD Oil Should I Give My Dog?
- Are Dog Food Ingredients Contributing To Greenhouse Gases?
- What Is The Best Natural Dog Shampoo?
- Is Pet Cremation Harmful to the Planet?
- What Is Chicken Meal In Dog Food... Is It Natural?
- Vitamin E For Dogs - Why The Hype?
- Calcium Supplements For Dogs – Are They Necessary?
- Natural Treat? Try Peanut Butter Banana Treats!
- Wondering How To Deworm A Puppy Naturally?
- How Long Will My Puppy Poop Worms After Deworming?
- Give Me My Puppy Socialization Checklist (pretty please)!