Puppy Socialization Checklist
Did you just add a puppy to your family? Lucky you! Now you need a puppy socialization checklist. With a great tool like this it will make your goal of having a well-mannered adult dog a snap. This is a fabulous tool to keep your dog, and you, on schedule for continual puppy training success. This is one of the reasons why early socialization is essential in your puppy's life. A puppy socialization checklist has you track a lot of things, including socialization. While you can't change your puppy's genetics, with the right socialization training you will set your puppy up for a wonderful life. Socialization is defined as the process of introducing your puppy to the world so that he is self-assured and trusts people and navigates new experiences throughout their life.
When To Start Socialization TrainingSocialization of a puppy should start from 3 weeks old and last up to 16 weeks old. It mainly depends on your dog's breed and stage of life, but it's still easier to train a 10-week-old dog instead of ten year old dog. But, you can still teach an old dog new tricks - contrary to the old saying. Socialization is different from exposure. It is done to help your puppy create and associate positive experiences with people and situations. Socializing is not just about meeting people, but about creating confidence so that your puppy can experience a full, rich life. You can also associate treats with socialization and make sure that each experience is linked with a positive outcome. If your puppy is frightened during socialization and will not do so as excepted, you should decrease the intensity of the socialization. Here is a ranking system that you can use to identify your puppy's reactions. Ideally, socialization helps your puppy become a relaxed dog - this is the goal. When being handled, when meeting a person, when encountering a new object, or walking into a new environment, is your puppy:
- Acting sleepy or freezing
- Relaxed and calm with focus on food
- Relaxed and calm even without food
Download our free FurSherpa Puppy Socialization Checklist right now!
About FurSherpaThe leading dog health care and wellness resource, FurSherpa is a community of like-minded dog lovers who want to turn pet consumer habits on their heads! We challenge the notion that dogs are just pets. No! They are members of our family. That’s why pet parents want the best for their dogs. We read labels, we investigate ingredients, we help heal the earth while celebrating our dogs! We’re on a journey to find the best information, products, and brands, that are focused on your dog’s health and well-being. Our sole focus is to challenge the way we think about pet wellness – empowering you with an individualized dog wellness plan that results in game-changing buying practices.
Be kind to the earth. Be kind to one another. Be kind to animals. FurSherpa exists because you care.
More Dog Health and Wellness FAQs
- How To Tell When A Product Is Dog Earth Friendly, Green, and Natural?
- What Are Some of the Best Natural Pet Brands I Can Support?
- What Are The Best Non Toxic Cleaning Products For Pets?
- What Are Three Things I Can Do Right Now To Be A More Eco-Friendly Pet Parent?
- What Are The Best Green Dog Products?
- Is A Vegan Dog Collar Any Good?
- How Much Pet CBD Oil Should I Give My Dog?
- Are Dog Food Ingredients Contributing To Greenhouse Gases?
- What Is The Best Natural Dog Shampoo?
- Is Pet Cremation Harmful to the Planet?
- What Is Chicken Meal In Dog Food... Is It Natural?
- Vitamin E For Dogs - Why The Hype?
- Calcium Supplements For Dogs – Are They Necessary?
- Natural Treat? Try Peanut Butter Banana Treats!
- Wondering How To Deworm A Puppy Naturally?
- How Long Will My Puppy Poop Worms After Deworming?
- Give Me My Puppy Socialization Checklist (pretty please)!