Vitamin E for Dogs - Why The Hype?
A lot has been made about vitamin E and the importance it has in your dog's diet. This probably has you researching the benefits of vitamin E for your dog. Vitamin E can be a great addition to your dog's daily routine. Vitamins play an important role in your fluffy BFF's daily life. They help repair cellular damage in the body, convert food to energy, bolster the immune system, and help maintain healthy bones, blood, and skin. #PowerHouse! Vitamin E is an essential vitamin in dog food, and to understand its role, let's discuss what vitamin E is and how it benefits your dogs.
What is Vitamin E?Vitamin E is a fat-soluble compound that contains four tocopherols and four tocotrienols that aid proper body and brain function. Vitamin E is commonly included in commercial pet foods and is naturally available in vegetable oil and fresh green vegetables. When added to pet food it's typically done through supplement form.
What Are The Benefits Of Vitamin E For Dogs?Vitamin E provides many health benefits to dogs like:
- Improved Immune System: When the immune system is compromised in any stressful situation, vitamin E helps dogs fight against a compromised system.
- Shiner Coat: Vitamin E acts as fuel to maintain a healthier and shiny coat. This is why you often find vitamin E as an essential ingredient in dog shampoo.
- Improved Eyesight: Recent studies have shown that if 300 IU of the vitamin is given daily to dogs suffering that suffer from cataracts over a two week period, their cataract will disappear.
- Increased Fertility: If vitamin E supplementation is regularly administered in dog food, it will help improve semen quality and fertility rate.
- Improved Muscular Function: When given in combination with Omega 3 fatty acids it helps improve joint health and decrease the appearance of muscular wasting.
About FurSherpaThe leading dog health care and wellness resource, FurSherpa is a community of like-minded dog lovers who want to turn pet consumer habits on their heads! We challenge the notion that dogs are just pets. No! They are members of our family. That’s why pet parents want the best for their dogs. We read labels, we investigate ingredients, we help heal the earth while celebrating our dogs! We’re on a journey to find the best information, products, and brands, that are focused on your dog’s health and well-being. Our sole focus is to challenge the way we think about pet wellness – empowering you with an individualized dog wellness plan that results in game-changing buying practices.
Be kind to the earth. Be kind to one another. Be kind to animals. FurSherpa exists because you care.
More Dog Health and Wellness FAQs
- How To Tell When A Product Is Dog Earth Friendly, Green, and Natural?
- What Are Some of the Best Natural Pet Brands I Can Support?
- What Are The Best Non Toxic Cleaning Products For Pets?
- What Are Three Things I Can Do Right Now To Be A More Eco-Friendly Pet Parent?
- What Are The Best Green Dog Products?
- Is A Vegan Dog Collar Any Good?
- How Much Pet CBD Oil Should I Give My Dog?
- Are Dog Food Ingredients Contributing To Greenhouse Gases?
- What Is The Best Natural Dog Shampoo?
- Is Pet Cremation Harmful to the Planet?
- What Is Chicken Meal In Dog Food... Is It Natural?
- Vitamin E For Dogs - Why The Hype?
- Calcium Supplements For Dogs – Are They Necessary?
- Natural Treat? Try Peanut Butter Banana Treats!
- Wondering How To Deworm A Puppy Naturally?
- How Long Will My Puppy Poop Worms After Deworming?
- Give Me My Puppy Socialization Checklist (pretty please)!