What Are The Best Green Dog Products?
Green products have been around for quite some time. Which is great because they are finally catching on in the pet industry. Before you really had to struggle to find green pet products - and to some extent we still have to, but it’s not nearly as hard as it once was… Not so long ago. Here are some of the best green dog products on the market right now.
What Are Green Dog ProductsWhen we use the word green, we mean ‘sustainable.’ This means that the pet product, ingredient, or service is created with thought to conserving resources. Green products have less environmental impact and negative impact to our pet’s health when compared to a traditionally-made item. While nearly impossible to find pet products that are 100% green, the goal is to select those that are ‘as green as possible’ - while we work with pet brands to expand green production. Typically, green dog products are:
- Made with energy efficiency and have lower natural resource requirements.
- Free from chemicals that impact the ozone, as well as no toxic compounds nor toxic by-products.
- Recycled materials are used when possible.
- Ingredients are from local manufacturers or resources where possible.
- Biodegradable, in part or in whole.
Best Green Dog Products On The Market TodayEverything that Harry Barker makes is truly adorable! Since 1997 Harry Barker has specialized in earth-friendly fabrics and azo-free dyes, eco-fleece and green bed inserts made from 100% post-consumer recycled plastics. They also offer all-natural ingredients for treats and biodegradable shampoos. Dog collars are made from 100% certified recycled plastics, hemp striped dog beds are filled with eco-fiberfill, and biodegradable pet waste bags made from recycled plastics. Ethically made to the highest sustainable standards, BECO Pets cares for the planet just as much as they do for dogs. Their food, poop bags, accessories, and toys are manufactured in an environmentally conscious way with technological advancements focused on creating a smaller carbon footprint. BECO Pets also partners with farmers that grow, fish and harvest without exploiting people or the planet - every ingredient is singularly selected, and BECO is transparent in their sourcing. Honest Pet Products makes a durable line of natural dog toys that are perfect for eco-conscious pet parents focused on avoiding petroleum-based products. All Honest Pet Products are made from sustainably farmed hemp and organic wool, and their shampoos are safe, organic, dye-free, and scent-free. All of Honest Pet Products are biodegradable and made in Wisconsin.
Using only organic and all-natural ingredients, Natural Dog Company creates soothing balms, nourishing supplements, shampoo bars, and more. They use plant-based ingredients that are well-researched for deep healing, protective properties. Made in small batches, the Natural Dog Company makes products that are vegan, cruelty-free, and that do not have or use pesticides, chemically-enhanced fertilizers, or other harmful additives.
About FurSherpaThe leading dog health care and wellness resource, FurSherpa is a community of like-minded dog lovers who want to turn pet consumer habits on their heads! We challenge the notion that dogs are just pets. No! They are members of our family. That’s why pet parents want the best for their dogs. We read labels, we investigate ingredients, we help heal the earth while celebrating our dogs! We’re on a journey to find the best information, products, and brands, that are focused on your dog’s health and well-being. Our sole focus is to challenge the way we think about pet wellness – empowering you with an individualized dog wellness plan that results in game-changing buying practices.
Be kind to the earth. Be kind to one another. Be kind to animals. FurSherpa exists because you care.
More Dog Health and Wellness FAQs
- How To Tell When A Product Is Dog Earth Friendly, Green, and Natural?
- What Are Some of the Best Natural Pet Brands I Can Support?
- What Are The Best Non Toxic Cleaning Products For Pets?
- What Are Three Things I Can Do Right Now To Be A More Eco-Friendly Pet Parent?
- What Are The Best Green Dog Products?
- Is A Vegan Dog Collar Any Good?
- How Much Pet CBD Oil Should I Give My Dog?
- Are Dog Food Ingredients Contributing To Greenhouse Gases?
- What Is The Best Natural Dog Shampoo?
- Is Pet Cremation Harmful to the Planet?
- What Is Chicken Meal In Dog Food... Is It Natural?
- Vitamin E For Dogs - Why The Hype?
- Calcium Supplements For Dogs – Are They Necessary?
- Natural Treat? Try Peanut Butter Banana Treats!
- Wondering How To Deworm A Puppy Naturally?
- How Long Will My Puppy Poop Worms After Deworming?
- Give Me My Puppy Socialization Checklist (pretty please)!