What Are Three Things I Can Do Right Now To Be A More Eco-Friendly Pet Parent?
The earth is precious, and limited in resources. This is why we as pet parents strive to be informed on topics that impact our environment. We all can do things that help save the planet - particularly when it comes to the care and feeding of our dogs. Let’s discuss what are three things we can do right now to be a more eco-friendly pet parent.
Identifying Opportunities To Be An Eco-Friendly Pet ParentAs we go through our day, it’s important to not take for granted all of the beauty that surrounds us. We’re fortunate that when we take our dog’s out for a walk we get to revel in the blue sky and green grass. This is why we need to recognize that our purchasing power and habits play an important role in being an eco-friendly pet parent. Here are things pet parents can think about to help our environment:
Buying Pet Food
- Where do they source the protein?
- Are the fruits and vegetables free of pesticides?
- What type of packaging is involved - is it recyclable?
- How far did your package of dog food have to travel to get to you?
- If made with plastic, are the products you select BPA-free?
- Are there options for biodegradable products, like waste bags?
- Can you find products made out of recycled material, like fire hoses?
- Should you donate some previously used pet toys to a shelter before adding new ones?
Simple Steps To Being An Eco-Friendly Pet ParentThese are simple questions you can use to refresh your memory every time you find yourself going to a pet store or shopping online. You have the power, and you can help be the change that heals the earth. Here are the three things you can do right now to be a more eco-friendly pet parent:
Read LabelsNo matter if you are buying dog food, treats, toys, clothing, or some other accessory, read the label. Understand what are the ingredients used in the production of the product you are purchasing. If the item doesn’t contain a list of ingredients, don’t buy it. Also, when it comes to pet food, make sure that the ingredients are wholesome and easy to pronounce. If there is anything on a label that you don’t understand, ask. You can even ask us - we’ll help get you the answer.
Buying PowerExercise the power you have with your buying choices. Select and support pet companies that have eco-friendly products, that support green initiatives, that are organic or as close to organic as possible, and whose ingredients you understand. We have the ability to change the pet product market for the better - let’s do this by supporting companies with missions that align with our own.
Social MediaWe are always on the lookout for eco-friendly pet products and ingredients. When we find items that meet our standards, we bring them to you. And, you should feel empowered to bring items to our attention - please let us know when you’ve found a pet brand that eco-friendly. Simply include the hashtag #fursherpaFYI on images of products that you want us to check out. We love that we have a committed eco-friendly pet parent tribe!
About FurSherpaThe leading dog health care and wellness resource, FurSherpa is a community of like-minded dog lovers who want to turn pet consumer habits on their heads! We challenge the notion that dogs are just pets. No! They are members of our family. That’s why pet parents want the best for their dogs. We read labels, we investigate ingredients, we help heal the earth while celebrating our dogs! We’re on a journey to find the best information, products, and brands, that are focused on your dog’s health and well-being. Our sole focus is to challenge the way we think about pet wellness – empowering you with an individualized dog wellness plan that results in game-changing buying practices.
Be kind to the earth. Be kind to one another. Be kind to animals. FurSherpa exists because you care.
More Dog Health and Wellness FAQs
- How To Tell When A Product Is Dog Earth Friendly, Green, and Natural?
- What Are Some of the Best Natural Pet Brands I Can Support?
- What Are The Best Non Toxic Cleaning Products For Pets?
- What Are Three Things I Can Do Right Now To Be A More Eco-Friendly Pet Parent?
- What Are The Best Green Dog Products?
- Is A Vegan Dog Collar Any Good?
- How Much Pet CBD Oil Should I Give My Dog?
- Are Dog Food Ingredients Contributing To Greenhouse Gases?
- What Is The Best Natural Dog Shampoo?
- Is Pet Cremation Harmful to the Planet?
- What Is Chicken Meal In Dog Food... Is It Natural?
- Vitamin E For Dogs - Why The Hype?
- Calcium Supplements For Dogs – Are They Necessary?
- Natural Treat? Try Peanut Butter Banana Treats!
- Wondering How To Deworm A Puppy Naturally?
- How Long Will My Puppy Poop Worms After Deworming?
- Give Me My Puppy Socialization Checklist (pretty please)!