What Is Chicken Meal In Dog Food...Is It Natural?
Unsure what a label means when it includes chicken meal in dog food - and if it's natural? Everyone wants to feed their dog natural, high quality, nutritious, and affordable food. We totally understand... But with a word like 'meal' in the recipe, you could be left pondering what it means. First, let's celebrate the fact that you are the type of dog mom that when shopping for dog food you take your time to read the nutrition information that is listed on dog food labels. Yes, you go you good dog mom you!
What Is Chicken Meal In Dog Food?Much of the information included on a dog food label is the list of ingredients. With protein meal or chicken meal mentioned. Have you ever thought about what this chicken meal in dog food is - and if it's natural or ??? Let's explore this more so we have a good understanding. Chicken meal is processed chicken meat that includes skin, flesh, and bones in dry and ground form. Some dog food brands proudly list on their package that their dog food is made from real chicken. This means their food, has a clean combination of chicken flesh and skin.
What Chicken Meal Is NotJust to clear up the misconception, the chicken meal contains no feet, heads, feathers, or intestinal content.
Why use chicken meal in dog food, what are the benefits?Chicken meal is used in dog food due to its nutrient profile. The best chicken meal contains approximately 65% protein content, 12% fat, and 10% moisture. On the other hand, the protein content of fresh chicken is 18%, the fat is approximately 5%, and the moisture content is approximately 70% to 80%. Not only that, Chicken meal is more than a concentrated source of protein and fat, it also contains linoleic acid, which is an essential nutritional source that contributes to the health of a dog's skin and coat. Chicken meal is also loaded with a high level of phosphorus, selenium, vitamin B6, choline, and vitamin B12. Therefore, most people consider the use of chicken meal in dog food to be healthy and nutritious. Check out a healthy new dog food we like (and save 25% on your first order)!
About FurSherpaThe leading dog health care and wellness resource, FurSherpa is a community of like-minded dog lovers who want to turn pet consumer habits on their heads! We challenge the notion that dogs are just pets. No! They are members of our family. That’s why pet parents want the best for their dogs. We read labels, we investigate ingredients, we help heal the earth while celebrating our dogs! We’re on a journey to find the best information, products, and brands, that are focused on your dog’s health and well-being. Our sole focus is to challenge the way we think about pet wellness – empowering you with an individualized dog wellness plan that results in game-changing buying practices.
Be kind to the earth. Be kind to one another. Be kind to animals. FurSherpa exists because you care.
More Dog Health and Wellness FAQs
- How To Tell When A Product Is Dog Earth Friendly, Green, and Natural?
- What Are Some of the Best Natural Pet Brands I Can Support?
- What Are The Best Non Toxic Cleaning Products For Pets?
- What Are Three Things I Can Do Right Now To Be A More Eco-Friendly Pet Parent?
- What Are The Best Green Dog Products?
- Is A Vegan Dog Collar Any Good?
- How Much Pet CBD Oil Should I Give My Dog?
- Are Dog Food Ingredients Contributing To Greenhouse Gases?
- What Is The Best Natural Dog Shampoo?
- Is Pet Cremation Harmful to the Planet?
- What Is Chicken Meal In Dog Food... Is It Natural?
- Vitamin E For Dogs - Why The Hype?
- Calcium Supplements For Dogs – Are They Necessary?
- Natural Treat? Try Peanut Butter Banana Treats!
- Wondering How To Deworm A Puppy Naturally?
- How Long Will My Puppy Poop Worms After Deworming?
- Give Me My Puppy Socialization Checklist (pretty please)!